Watch the 2009 Port Forecasts
Industry leaders, experts predict yearend rebound
March 19, 2009
Trade experts expect a rebound in trade by yearend. Learn more by tuning into the Port of Long Beach's annual Pulse of the Ports forecast conference, held on March 25, 2009, by clicking here. Their PowerPoint presentations are also available with the webcast.
If you attended Pulse of the Ports, or viewed the webcast, let us know what you think by taking a survey at www.polb.com/surveys.
The annual "Pulse of the Ports" event, at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach, was a forecast of cargo trends for the year ahead as the world faces tumultuous economic times.
Providing a broad cross section of views, the Port presented:
- Dr. Joseph Magaddino, Chairman of the Economics Department at California State University, Long Beach,
- Dean Tracy, Director of International Transportation for Lowe's,
- George Adams, President of SA Recycling and Chairman of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries Inc.,
- Peter I. Keller, President of NYK Line (North America) Inc.,
- Elvis Ganda, President of California United Terminals,
- John Doherty, P.E., CEO of the Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority,
- Bob Curry Jr., President of California Multimodal.