TWIC Deadline Rapidly Approaching -- April 14
New Center at Queen Mary for TWIC Activation Only
March 20, 2009
Longshore workers, truck drivers, repair people and others who need the Transportation Worker Identification Credential are urged to apply for the TWIC as soon as possible. Starting April 14, anyone who requires unescorted access to marine terminals at the Port must carry a TWIC. Click here to find out how to apply.
There are two local enrollment centers:
- 301 E. Ocean Blvd., Suite 500, Long Beach, CA 90802
- 1001 New Dock St., San Pedro, CA 90731 (on Terminal Island)
The permanent Los Angeles/Terminal Island and Long Beach TWIC Enrollment Centers will continue to process all scheduled enrollment appointments and walk-ins.
For those who need to activate their TWIC, be advised that due to customer demand, authorities have opened a temporary consolidated site performing card activations only.
All Los Angeles/Terminal Island and Long Beach scheduled activation appointments and walk-ins will be processed at the following address, effective Monday, March 23, 2009:
- TWIC Activation Center, 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach, CA 90802-6331
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- The TWIC Activation Center is located in a blue, single-story building in front of the Queen Mary ship.
Call the TWIC program help desk at 1-866-DHS-TWIC (1-866-347-8942).