Port to Launch Web-Based Procurement System
June 5, 2013
The Port of Long Beach will begin transitioning soon to a new web-based procurement system, making it easier for vendors to find opportunities to bid on Port projects.
The system, called “PB System," provided by PlanetBids, Inc., is expected to launch soon. It expands the functions that vendors utilize in our current system and some key features include:
- A central repository for all POLB procurement opportunities;
- Increased outreach capabilities in addition to the already-familiar electronic bid matching feature (vendors are automatically notified of bid opportunities in their area of expertise);
- Improved Small Business Enterprise (SBE) application process and automation of SBE utilization reporting;
- Automatic notification when addenda are issued; and
- An overall improved user experience.
When the system is launched, vendors already in the Port of Long Beach database will be provided with a user ID and detailed log-in instructions. Once the new system is live, those not registered with the Port's vendor database will be able sign up on the new PB System on this page.
If you have any questions about the transition, please contact the SBE Program at the Port of Long Beach at SBEProgram@polb.com or 562-283-7598.