Insurance Requirements & Tips
The Port of Long Beach accepts proof of insurance using the following two methods:
- Port Special Endorsement Forms; for blank forms:
- Certified copies of complete insurance policies containing the terms and conditions outlined in the Port Special Endorsement Forms. Please note that it may take additional time to review insurance policies.
Certificates of insurance (e.g. ACORD) are NOT
Following are the minimum insurance requirements for special events, filming or still photography in the Port. Please note that additional types of insurance may be required, and the limits of the minimum requirements may be higher depending on proposed activity. For questions regarding insurance limits, please contact the Terminal Services Office at (562) 283-7760.
Insurance Submission Tips:
- General Liability: $5 million per occurrence; if written with an aggregate, the aggregate shall be double the per occurrence limit
- Automobile Liability: $1 million
- Workers’ Compensation / Employers Liability: Statutory / $1 million
- Producers Professional Liability (aka media liability or errors and omissions): $1 million
- Altered Port Special Endorsement Forms will not be accepted.
- An authorized insurance representative (broker or underwriter) must sign and date each endorsement form.
- All insurance companies must be rated A:VII or better by AM Best (www.ambest.com).
- For each type of coverage, be sure to list the full dollar amount of the liability limits (e.g. hundreds, thousands, millions), and any applicable aggregate.
- For claims made policies, be sure to list the retroactive date of the policy.
- If insurance deductibles or self-insured retentions (not including Workers’ Compensation or Auto Liability) are over $50,000 please submit two years of certified audited financial statements for review. The statements should include:
If audited statements are not available, the financial statements should be accompanied by a letter from a company officer stating the accuracy of the documents. The letter must be on company letterhead.
- a) balance sheet
- b) income statement (aka statement of revenue and expenses)
- c) statement of cash flow.
- If insurance is provided by a parent company, the endorsement forms should note in the “Other Provisions” section that the insurance is being provided by the parent company on behalf of the production company.
If you have questions about submitting proof of insurance, please contact the Terminal Services Office at (562) 283-7760